An individual of sound mind can be granted the right to carry a concealed weapon, either on their person or in close proximity by applying for a handgun carry permit with the Maryland State Police.
- Obtain and submit two 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch passport-type photographs. The background must be white, with full face and shoulders in view but no dark glasses or head wear. These photographs must have been taken within 30 days prior to submitting your application.
- Download the handgun carry permit application at www.mdsp.org Go to your local Maryland State Police barracks to obtain a set of fingerprint cards. Call 1-866-396-8860, a Sirius Group representative will schedule a convenient time for you to be fingerprinted.
- You will need to name three references, good citizens who have known you for at least two years but not family members.
- Gather your police reports and/or notarized statements that provide evidence of recent assaults or threats. Call 1-866-396-8860, if you own a business and make cash bank deposits. A Sirius Group representative will assist business owners through the permit process.
- When filling out the application, make sure all applicable questions/information are entered correctly and supporting documentation sent in with the proper payment.
- You should receive your State of Maryland Permit to Carry a Handgun in approximately 90 days.
- Call the answer people at: 1-866-396-8860. The Sirius Group will walk you through the gun permit process
DCJS: 11-5055, 88-1400